The Boneyard
  • August 09, 2022, 02:51:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I've been having problems with spammers. So I'm afraid that registrations will be by invitation only for a while. If you know me or someone here and would like an invite ..email me ;)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2022, 02:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Greydog

July 03, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
heh ...mail is fixed ..never turned it on  ;D

Greydog

July 02, 2015, 06:20:36 PM
He's having the same login problems you were having. Ima need to fix that ;)

Tig

July 02, 2015, 04:41:09 PM
He's active at my place, WTF?

Greydog

July 01, 2015, 04:30:17 PM
it's alright ...need to get Mako in here now.

Tig

June 30, 2015, 09:42:24 PM
Whut up, sorry it took so long.

Show 50 latest

News

I've been having problems with spammers. So I'm afraid that registrations will be by invitation only for a while. If you know me or someone here and would like an invite ..email me ;)

Author Topic: Project Genom  (Read 2358 times)

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
Project Genom
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »

while searching thru steam the other day I came across this game. Project Genom ..it's very much like TRP as you get to run around and shoot thngs (this part it does well) and it's focus will be on crafting your most of the gear in game. The method of progression is also similar in that you earn points in skills by using them. The difference is that there are levels and you earn the points needed to choose and upgrade skill categories when you level. This is done via skill trees.

I'm not sure if there's going to be a sandbox element to it. I believe it's just an mmorpg rather than a sim or sandbox. Although I only played a few hours on Saturday, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was confusing at first as there is no documentation yet and the dev's are Russians who don't seem to answer questions in English on their own website. If you want answers you need to use the steam forum or google. Once I figured it out I had a lot of fun and made lv 11. 

PG uses a non-targeting combat system which make it a 3rd person shooter in style. Basically point and fire or aim and fire. The quests have been engaging for the most part and the only bugs I encountered were long loading periods from time to time.

It's another early access alpha and it costs $20 to buy in. I figure it's good enough to keep and use as another diversion while we're waiting, so it's worth the money if you can spare it.

I plan on living forever ,,so far so good

Mako

• Lead Dog
  • Old Dog
  • AKA Dapu/Derkam
    • View Profile
    • Cutthroat Vets Forum
Re: Project Genom
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »

I'll have to check it out.

Right now I've got so many games and not enough time. lol

Been watching one of my favorite SC Twitch streamers play The Forest lately. It's a survival game. You're a survivor of a plane crash on an island full of cannibals. Kind of cool in that you have to craft a lot of stuff, and can build defenses and buildings/fences. Just caught another streamer playing a later part of the game and it took a turn to the... weird, though. lol

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:58 PM »

Well, there has been some interesting happenings with PG since I found this. It seems they ran into issues very similar to TR's. They had at first partnered with a dev to do the meat of the coding. After some disagreement they parted ways and the dev decided that he owned the code, so the had to fight it out in court. I guess the judge decided that the dev did own the code but studio owned the rights to the game. They were only allowed to use the code that had been released but couldn't add to it, so they were faced with recreating it.

This time they hired actual employees to do the work and have come remarkably far in the last 6 months. They are opening an early alpha public test server on july 23rd.

They have been publishing weekly news updates for the last 4 months and what I'm reading and seeing looks very encouraging. I recommend giving it a good look.

https://pgenom.com/community/forums/news.30/

To get in on the alpha you will need to buy in before the date and also apply for it.

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »

So I've looked into this one again over the last week. All they have on the test server atm is the environment inside the Ark (the crashed ship they've built the base around) and some of the different quest areas outside to run around in. I guess they're just testing the net code before they start adding in content. The quests are supposed to start getting patched in very soon.

I gotta say though, the graphics and animations I'm seeing are simply amazing!

Also, atm very little is localized in English so it's tough to play but this is another title I highly recommend at least having a look at.

4 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Members
  • Total Members: 11
  • Latest: Sieg
Stats
  • Total Posts: 817
  • Total Topics: 72
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 38
  • (May 03, 2020, 10:40:21 PM)