The Boneyard
  • August 09, 2022, 03:35:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I've been having problems with spammers. So I'm afraid that registrations will be by invitation only for a while. If you know me or someone here and would like an invite ..email me ;)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2022, 03:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Greydog

July 03, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
heh ...mail is fixed ..never turned it on  ;D

Greydog

July 02, 2015, 06:20:36 PM
He's having the same login problems you were having. Ima need to fix that ;)

Tig

July 02, 2015, 04:41:09 PM
He's active at my place, WTF?

Greydog

July 01, 2015, 04:30:17 PM
it's alright ...need to get Mako in here now.

Tig

June 30, 2015, 09:42:24 PM
Whut up, sorry it took so long.

Show 50 latest

News

I've been having problems with spammers. So I'm afraid that registrations will be by invitation only for a while. If you know me or someone here and would like an invite ..email me ;)

Author Topic: Hellion  (Read 3318 times)

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
Hellion
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:15:53 AM »

I first heard about this game a couple years ago and never paid it any mind. Then I saw a post on it at the RSI forums yesterday and checked it out ..It looks pretty interesting.

- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674415611
- https://www.playhellion.com/

It's been greenlit on steam and is set for a Jan 2017 early access release.

While I'm not big on survival games in a purely PvP environment, this looks like it may be a good diversion while we wait for SC. Depending on the cost, I do believe I'll check it out at least.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:21:22 AM by Greydog »
I plan on living forever ,,so far so good

Mako

• Lead Dog
  • Old Dog
  • AKA Dapu/Derkam
    • View Profile
    • Cutthroat Vets Forum
Re: Hellion
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:52:40 AM »

Looks interesting! Will have to keep an eye on it!

If you check it out let me know what you think.

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:03:23 AM »

Will do!

btw ..I just sent (resent) Apep and Dat's info ..manually this time. Hopefully they recieve it.

Mako

• Lead Dog
  • Old Dog
  • AKA Dapu/Derkam
    • View Profile
    • Cutthroat Vets Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »

Ok, I'll send them each a message to make sure they check!

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »

They finally gave us a date for the Steam early access release on this one ..Feb 24.

https://www.playhellion.com/blog/

still haven't seen a price yet.

Greydog

• Grey Ol' Dog
  • Administrator
  • Old Dog
    • View Profile
    • the Boneyard
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 06:16:45 AM »

Well, it released as an early access alpha version on the 24th ..buy in  is $25.

I have to say that I am not unimpressed with what is there at this early stage, although what is there requires some patience to learn.

The graphics are excellent and gameplay is fun once you learn how to manuver in space. I've only played about 3 hours so far I haven't gotten past the first EVA task. It's good that it allows you to either respawn and continue or start over ..I've died at least a dozen times in that 3 hours ;) You get two crappy space suits to start, and once they're gone you have to start over anyway because you can't do much without one.

If you remember it was said that this was going to be an open PvP gank fest and I can see where that may be possible, but it's server setup actually can minimize that. At present there are only 60 players to a server and most have much less than that on them, so the mood depends much on the server you choose. But better than that is that private servers will be allowed. I was looking over gaming servers to rent yesterday and found that I could get into one at about $25 a month. (which is about the price of a pizza these days) Depending on how this develops I may even get serious about getting one.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:45:32 AM by Greydog »

Mako

• Lead Dog
  • Old Dog
  • AKA Dapu/Derkam
    • View Profile
    • Cutthroat Vets Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »

Cool! Keep me updated.

My gaming will pretty much be on hold for awhile now. Coaching is taking up a lot of time now. We practice 5 days a week this year compared to the 3 I coached last season. The varsity has their first game this Thursday, my JV team next Tuesday. Then the Varsity plays their next game next Wed in the Outer Banks, a 2 hr drive away. It also happens to be spring break for the local college, which is where all the other assistant coaches go to school right now. So the varsity coach asked me if I could go with them for that game since they'll probably all be gone then.

Oh, and I'm now officially a contracted school employee. Which is cool. But not sure when I'll get paid. Or how much. (Well, I know roughly, and it's not much). Not that I'll have much to spend on gaming, anyways.

On top of that, when not coaching I'm extra busy trying to get stuff done around the house. As Apep and Dat know, we've been waiting to get our street paved. Supposed to finally get done maybe May/June. So trying to do as much as possible so that once the street is done we're pretty much ready if we want to put the house on the market and downsize. So my weekends and mornings are doing that stuff right now.

But at some point down the road I'll have time and money to game more again and try some of these games.  ;D

3 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Members
  • Total Members: 11
  • Latest: Sieg
Stats
  • Total Posts: 817
  • Total Topics: 72
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 38
  • (May 03, 2020, 10:40:21 PM)
Users Online